THE CANADIAN TIMES

EC PUBLISHING SINCE 1904

Monday, Oct 23rd

Last updateFri, 13 Oct 2017 5pm

You are here: Home Canadian Times Persecuted

Persecuted

18 dead in suspected jihadist attack on Burkina Faso eatery

Hours after suspected Islamic extremists opened fire as patrons dined at the popular restaurant where she worked as a waitress, Amy Sawadogo was still wandering around barefoot at a crisis centre asking about her colleagues.

"I just want to go to the hospital and see who is still alive," the distraught young woman, who was still dressed in her uniform, said early Monday. "I am calling them in vain, no response."

The death toll rose to 18 and authorities said many of the victims were children dining with their families on a Sunday night at the Aziz Istanbul restaurant when horror struck once again in Burkina Faso's capital of Ouagadougou. At least 22 people were wounded.

Less than two years ago, jihadists killed 30 people in a similar attack at the nearby Cappuccino cafe, which only recently reopened in a city where fear of another attack has been high.

Eight of the dead in Sunday's attack were citizens of Burkina Faso, the Foreign Ministry said. Canadian's foreign ministry said two of its citizens were killed. Other victims came from Kuwait, Senegal, Nigeria, Turkey and France, state prosecutor Maizan Sereme said. Three of the victims had not yet been identified by late Monday.

Read More

Calif. Private School Sued for Not Treating 8-Y-O Biological Boy Like a Girl

A private school in Orange County, California, is being sued by the parents of an 8-year-old biological boy who claim that the school violated a state discrimination law by refusing to change its policies so that their child could be treated like a girl.

The parents of Nikki Shah-Brar have filed a discrimination lawsuit against the Heritage Oak Private School in Yorba Linda after it failed to swiftly change its policies so that their child could wear a girl's uniform and access girls' bathrooms, among other things.

The lawsuit, which was filed last Wednesday, claimed that the private secular school advertised itself as nondiscriminatory but did not treat Shah-Brar in accordance with her gender identity.

The lawsuit accuses the school of denying Shah-Brar's request to wear a girl's uniform and be called by her preferred name and pronoun. Additionally, the school is accused of preventing Shah-Brar from using the girl's bathroom, forcing the student to use staff bathrooms instead of the boys' room.

Read More

The six-year-old executioner: Small child assists ISIS killer beheading a prisoner in horrifying new footage

image from http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4420842/Islamic-State-s-six-year-old-executioner-Syria.htmlWARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT

Boy, wearing a black headscarf and camouflaged army gear, delivers a speech

He holds two blades as he asks that butcher terrorists are given peace by Allah

'The infidel and his killer never meet in hell,' he says

Two executioners walk in front of him as he hands them blades

Read More

ISIS Sex Slave 'Bill of Sale' Emerges in Mosul Showing 20-Y-O Sold for $1,500

A receipt for an Islamic State jihadi's purchase of a 20-year-old woman from another man has been circulating online and provides insight into how the terrorists sold women and girls in the now liberated city of Mosul.

U.K. news outlets have reported that a "bill of sale" for a young sex slave who was sold for approximately $1,500 has been discovered in Mosul, Iraq's second largest city that was formerly the jihadi death cult's largest stronghold in the country before the city was liberated by coalition forces earlier this month.

The document, which has been shared on social media, purports to be a purchase agreement between two men named Abu Zubair and Abu Monem.

The document was signed with inked fingerprints. According to The Daily Mail, the "bill of sale" written in Arabic describes the woman by her physical features: "20 years old, physically fit with brown eyes."

The Sun notes that Zubair was the man who sold the woman, while Monem was the one that purchased her. The identity of the woman who was sold is not known.

Read More

Why Don't We Care About the Slaughter of Christians?

image from http://www.afa.net/the-stand/culture/2017/04/why-dont-we-care-about-the-slaughter-of-christians/#.WPTTtBRASEs.facebookHave you noticed all the things the biased media has deemed more newsworthy than a terrorist attack on Egyptian Christians last Palm Sunday? We’re talking about a crisis of epic proportions, yet the news coverage of this ongoing tragedy is negligible. Why?

A United Airlines passenger is violently hauled off a plane, and there is national outrage, rightly so. Press Secretary Sean Spicer says that Assad is worse than Hitler, and again, there is national outrage, rightly so. Forty-five Egyptian Christians are slaughtered by ISIS while attending church services on Palm Sunday and scores of others are wounded, and there is barely a national yawn. How can this be?

Read More

Al-Shabaab Beheads 9 Civilians in Kenya as It Hunts for Non-Muslims; Men 'Slaughtered Like Chickens'

Al-Shabaab, the deadliest terrorist group in Africa according to experts, beheaded nine civilians in a village in Kenya while searching for non-Muslims. 

The Associated Press reported on Saturday that the attack occurred in the Jima village in Lamu County, when about 15 radical extremists seized nine men before beheading them.

"They were slaughtered like chicken using knives. Something similar to what happened in Mpeketoni in 2014. We suspect there are many bodies that haven't been recovered," a police source told Kenya's the Star, referring to the terrorist group's slaughter of more than 60 people in 2014 near Mpeketoni.

The militants were apparently looking for "non-Muslims," but many civilians had fled as fears of the terrorist group's growing presence in the region spread. The Kenya Red Cross helped with the evacuations.

One resident, identified as Kaingu Kadzomba, shared that the militants were "only targeting male non-Muslims."

Read More

B is for bomb; ISIS grooming kids to be fighters with terror curriculum

S is for sniper. G is for gun.

Instead of cuddly creatures and cartoon characters, there are images of AK-47s, bombs and burka-clad women in these books aimed at adolescent brainwashing.

Iraqi troops recently discovered ISIS textbooks entitled "English for the Islamic State" in an orphanage after liberating eastern Mosul last month. While these books teach young impressionable minds about reading and writing, they also teach about war and terrorism.

Read More

ISIS Jihadists Torturing Christians in Philippines, Soldiers Find Decapitated Bodies on Streets

Christians and other civilians trapped in Marawi City in the Philippines are being tortured and used as sex slaves and human shields by an Islamic State-affiliated terror group. Soldiers in the Philippines Army have also reported finding decapitated bodies on the streets.

The Catholic Online reported Tuesday that although the Maute group jihadists, who are aligned with IS and are operating under its command, have been reduced to holding just a few blocks in the city, they have been carrying out horrific atrocities.

The terrorists are still holding close to 100 Christians hostages, survivors who've escaped have said.

One of the Christians in captivity is Roman Catholic priest Teresito Soganub, who is an ambassador to the Vatican and advocate for peace. Soganub appeared in a video late in May begging Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte to help the hostages, but it is not know what has happened to him.

Military spokesman Jo-Ar Herrera confirmed during a news conference that hostages are being kept as sex slaves and as human shields.

Read More

'They attack cars & personnel': Swedish ambulance boss calls for protection in migrant 'no go zones'

The president of Sweden's ambulance union has called for enhanced security for his personnel when working in so-called "no-go zones," saying first responders need "special" military-grade equipment to withstand the dangers of the primarily migrant-populated areas.

Despite "dangerous situations" being nothing of extraordinary for ambulance workers, there are now areas in Sweden where even they "don't want to be in," head of the Swedish Ambulance Association ALARM, Gordon Grattidge told Swedish DGS TV.

"It's too dangerous to enter" areas in Sweden where "majority of the people are immigrants," Grattidge said in an interview with a Swedish journalist, published earlier this week.

Read More

10-Y-O Survivor of ISIS Massacre: 'Every Time They Shot a Christian, They Yelled God Is Great'

A 10-year-old Egyptian schoolboy who witnessed the brutal murder of his father by Islamic State militants in Minya, where 29 Christians were slaughtered in May, says the jihadists cried out "God is great" every time they shot a follower of Jesus Christ. 

Mina Habib told Reuters in a piece published Tuesday that his father, one of the 29 believers massacred on May 26 when IS stopped three vehicles on their way to a monastery, was killed specifically for his Christian faith.

"We saw dead people, just dumped on the ground," the boy, who is now receiving therapy at a local church, said of the attack.

"They asked my father for identification then told him to recite the Muslim profession of faith. He refused, said he was Christian. They shot him and everyone else with us in the car," he said of his father, Adel.

Read More

What CBC didn't tell its readers about Toronto 'Dundas' mosque

All CBC's four articles almost exclusively focused on the demonstration that was held on February 17, 2017 outside of the mosque against radical Islam, Islamization of Canada and the ideology of Islam.

On February 18, 2017 CIJnews revealed that imams (religious leaders) at the Masjid Toronto mosque recited in 2016 supplications to Allah in support of the "mujahideen (those of engage in jihad) everywhere", the total destruction of the enemies of Islam and the purification of Al-Aqsa Mosque from the "filth of the Jews."

Read More

ISIS Kills 2 Chinese Missionaries Accused of Violating Visa Rules in Pakistan by Sharing the Gospel

According to Reuters, the terrorist-linked Amaq News Agency announced last Thursday that IS (also known as ISIS, ISIL or Daesh) was responsible for the killing of two Chinese nationals who were abducted last month in the Baluchistan province and were believed to be Mandarin language teachers.

"Islamic State fighters killed two Chinese people they had been holding in Baluchistan province, southwest Pakistan," Amaq was quoted as announcing in a statement.

On Monday, the Pakistani government identified the the two Chinese nationals killed as 24-year-old Lee Zingyang and 26-year-old Meng Lisi. The interior ministry also claimed that both Lee and Meng were in violation of their visa rules because they were preaching instead of learning Urdu.

"Instead of engaging in any business activity, they went to Quetta and under the garb of learning (the) Urdu language from a Korean national . . . were actually engaged in preaching," Reuters quoted the ministry as saying in a statement.

Read More

ISIL suicide bomber identified as former Guantanamo detainee awarded $1.25M compensation

A British ISIL fighter who carried out a suicide bombing in Iraq this week is a former Guantanamo Bay detainee who was paid US $1.25 million compensation by the government.

Jamal al-Harith, 50, a Muslim convert born Ronald Fiddler, detonated a car bomb at an Iraqi army base near Mosul, causing an unverified number of casualties.

He had been released from the US detention camp in 2004 and successfully claimed compensation after saying British agents knew of - or were complicit in - his mistreatment.

Read More

5-Y-O Iraqi Christian Girl Kidnapped by ISIS Returns to Family 3 Years Later

About three years after being abducted by the Islamic State terror group, a 5-year-old Iraqi Christian girl has returned to her parents, who will soon celebrate her sixth birthday, according to a report.

The girl, Christina Abada, was reportedly rescued by the Iraqi Special Forces and was reunited with her parents on Friday morning, according to World Watch Monitor.

Christina's parents have been living at the Ashti refugee camp, near Erbil, for the last two years.

"It is a very happy moment; everybody is dancing and clapping and singing," a local woman was quoted as saying. "She looks OK, quite healthy. I believe she must have been in the house of a family who took good care of her. She was even wearing gold earrings, so it must have been a wealthy family."

The girl, who was abducted in August 2104 after Islamic State captured Mosul and then Qaraqosh, appeared to be in shock after finding herself in new surroundings and people.

Her parents are from the Christian city of Qaraqosh in the Nineveh Plains. They initially decided not to flee along with other Christians, as the father is blind. However, one day, all the residents who remained in the area were rounded up in a bus for "medical check-ups." A jihadist came and took away Christina from her mother's lap while all the others were asked to take out and hand over all valuables to the jihadists.

All that Christina's parents wanted for the last three years was to get their daughter back and she was always on their minds. Christina also featured in a play Qaraqosh residents wrote and performed in Erbil as a cathartic approach to their trauma.

While Christina has returned home safely, thousands of other Yazidi, Christian and other minority girls and women have been subjected to horrific treatment by men from Islamic State, also known as IS, ISIS, ISIL or Daesh.

Read More

Not 'lone wolves' after all: How ISIL is engineering terror plots far away from their targets

When the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant identified a promising young recruit willing to carry out an attack in one of India's major tech hubs, the group made sure to arrange everything down to the bullets he needed to kill victims.

For 17 months, terrorist operatives guided the recruit, a young engineer named Mohammed Ibrahim Yazdani, through every step of what they planned to be ISIL's first strike on Indian soil.

They vetted each new member of the cell as Yazdani recruited helpers. They taught him how to pledge allegiance to the terrorist group and securely send the statement.

Read More

Coptic Christian Death Toll Rises to 29 as Egypt Fights Back by Striking 'Terror Camps' in Libya

As the death toll in the attack by gunmen on a group of Coptic Christians who were on their way to a monastery south of Cairo rose to 29 Saturday, Egypt responded by launching airstrikes on "terror camps" in Libya. U.S. President Donald Trump also vowed to crush "evil organizations of terror."

Among the 29 killed are also children, including a 2-year-old girl, according to Sky News. The Christians were traveling in two buses and a small truck in Minya, which is home to a sizeable Christian minority, when they were attacked. Masked gunmen stopped the vehicles on a road leading to the monastery and opened fire.

The Egyptian Cabinet said in a statement Saturday that 13 victims remained in hospital in Cairo and the southern province of Minya where the attack took place Friday, according to The Associated Press.

President Abdel-Fattah El-Sissi, who called for an emergency security meeting after the attack, assured the Coptic Pope Towadros II in a phone call that the attackers will be punished.

El-Sissi had declared a three-month state of emergency following the attack on two churches north of Cairo on Palm Sunday.

Read More

Terror at our door: Hundreds of spies, radicals tried to enter Canada in 2016

More than 300 foreign terrorists, spies and criminals who pose a risk to Canada's national security tried to sneak into Canada last year, according to a report quietly released by the federal government on Monday.

It outlines all visa applications rejected between November 2015 and December 2016, and the grounds for refusal.

There were 310 cases where an individual was found inadmissible under Section 34 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) - the section dealing with national security concerns.

Read More

Vice President Mike Pence spoke at a summit on persecuted Christians

Vice President Mike Pence spoke at a summit on persecuted Christians hosted by the Billy Graham Evangelical Association. He was introduced by Franklin Graham. He said ISIS is guilty of genocide of Christians.

"It is a joy to be with all of you today to touch on a topic of enormous importance not only in the life of people of faith across the world, but enormous importance to this administration. And would you join me in congratulating Reverend Franklin Graham for bringing together this first ever World Summit in Defense of Persecuted Christians.

Reverend Graham, Senator Lankford, Senator Blunt, Congressman Smith, Congressman Hultgren, leaders of faith in public life across this country and across the world, to my brothers and sisters in Christ. (Applause.) I often say when people have asked me over the years what my philosophy is, I tell them I'm a Christian, a conservative, and a Republican, in that order. 

It is a distinct honor and, frankly, a humbling privilege to join you today at this first-ever Summit in Defense of Persecuted Christians. Let me first and foremost bring greetings from my friend, a champion of the freedom of religion and the freedoms enshrined in our Bill of Rights, the 45th President of the United States of America, President Donald Trump."

Read More

Trump's Executive Order on Refugees - Separating Fact from Hysteria

The hysterical rhetoric about President Trump's executive order on refugees is out of control. Let's slow down and take a look at the facts.

To read the online commentary, one would think that President Trump just fundamentally corrupted the American character. You would think that the executive order on refugees he signed yesterday betrayed America's Founding ideals. You might even think he banned people from an entire faith from American shores.

Read More

Christian Mother Asia Bibi Sentenced to Hang for 'Insulting Islam' May Get Final Hearing in June

As International Christian Concern noted, Bibi's case is one of "the most controversial blasphemy cases" in the world, with persecution watchdog groups calling it "the best example" of how blasphemy laws can be abused.

Bibi was accused by a group of female Muslim co-workers of insulting the Islamic prophet Muhammad back in 2009, and in 2010 was handed a death sentence despite pleading her innocence.

Read More

Quebec mosque attack suspects identified

According to Radio-Canada and LCN, the two suspects in Sunday's terror attacks on a mosque in Quebec City are Alexandre Bissonnette and Mohamed Khadir.

One of the suspects was arrested at the scene, while a second called 911 himself and was arrested around 9 p.m., just over an hour after the first 911 calls came in at 7:55 p.m., police said Monday morning during a news conference involving the Surete du Quebec, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Quebec City police and Montreal police.

The suspects, men in their late 20s and early 30s, were not known to police and the investigation into a possible motive continues, said superintendent Martin Plante of the RCMP's C Division. He would not confirm the identity of the victims.

Read More